OBSERVATORY OPEN HOUSE: SPRING 2014
Dates and Times
The Truman State Observatory will be open to the public on the following dates:
- Thursday, August 27, 8:30 PM-10:30 PM
- Wednesday, September 9, 8:00 PM-10:00 PM
- Monday, September 21, 8:00 PM-10:00 PM
- Sunday, September 27, begin at sunset (LUNAR ECLIPSE!!)
- Thursday, October 1, 7:30 PM-9:30 PM
- Tuesday, October 20, 7:30 PM-9:30 PM
- Friday, November 13, 6:00 PM-8:00 PM
- Tuesday, November 17. 6:00 PM-8:00 PM
- Tuesday, December 8, 5:00 PM-7:00 PM
In the case of inclement weather, the alternative date is the following day at the same time.
What to Bring
Just bring yourselves, your family, and your friends. It can be colder than you expect, so wear warm clothes!
The Truman State University Observatory is located at the University Farm on Boundary Street.
From the Campus Area: Follow Franklin St. south from campus, then turn right onto La Harpe St. Continue on La Harpe about 1/2 mile, cross Boundary St., and continue straight into the University Farm complex.
From the North: Head south on Osteopathy, then turn right on Michigan St. Take a left turn from Michigan St. on the fourth street; this is Boundary. Follow Boundary St. south about 1/4 mile, then turn right into the University Farm Complex.
From the South: Get on Route H North; at the Kirksville city limits this becomes Boundary St. The University Farm complex is on the left side of the road.
Parking is available at the University Farm complex. Please park in the large parking area among the barns and buildings, and walk up the short lane to the Observatory building. Follow the red lights!