OBSERVATORY OPEN HOUSE: Fall 2017
- 21st August 2017 (Monday): 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM SOLAR ECLIPSE
- 19th September 2017 (Tuesday): 8:30 PM – 10:30 PM
- 27th September 2017 (Wednesday) 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- 16th October 2017 (Monday) 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- 26th October 2017 (Thursday) 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM
- 15th November 2017 (Wednesday) 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
- 12th December 2017 (Tuesday) 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
In the case of inclement weather, the alternative date is the following day at the same time.
What to Bring
Just bring yourselves, your family, and your friends. It can be colder than you expect, so wear warm clothes!
The Truman State University Observatory is located at the University Farm on Boundary Street.
From the Campus Area: Follow Franklin St. south from campus, then turn right onto La Harpe St. Continue on La Harpe about 1/2 mile, cross Boundary St., and continue straight into the University Farm complex.
From the North: Head south on Osteopathy, then turn right on Michigan St. Take a left turn from Michigan St. on the fourth street; this is Boundary. Follow Boundary St. south about 1/4 mile, then turn right into the University Farm Complex.
From the South: Get on Route H North; at the Kirksville city limits this becomes Boundary St. The University Farm complex is on the left side of the road.
Parking is available at the University Farm complex. Please park in the large parking area among the barns and buildings, and walk up the short lane to the Observatory building. Follow the red lights!
MG3164 Truman State University